REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership
must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button on the left.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records, and the other to be mailed to the address shown on the application form.
- OPTIOAAL: If you do not have one, obtain a copy of your DD214 or Discharge paper for your own records.
(Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application).
- Membership Dues Payment, (Amount Shown on Application). If paying by check, make check payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
Mail your check, application form to the address shown on the application form.
If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
Veterans applying to TRANSFER
from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
c. Membership dues payment,
To RENEW membership online Click Here,
or follow these steps:
1. Go to: www.wilegion.org.;
2. Click onto "members";
3. Scroll down to "renew membership";
4. Click onto "renew my membership";
5. Follow the prompters listed. You will need to have your Legion ID # (on your membership card) handy and do the following steps:)
6. Pay dues with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY DATES in the American Legion
is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.